|A little pandemic never held back a Viking or a Cowboy or a Soldier, and the Mountain View Arts Society is just as determined to bring you another great show no matter what! We might not be able to do an in-person festival in 2021, but we can sure bring you a Live Streaming Video Production featuring all your favourite reenactment performers and artisans!
For the 5th year, we invite you to STEP BACK IN TIME, only this year, from the comfort of your home, as we will be streaming live through Facebook and our YouTube channel. Yes, it's going to be different, but we are eager to bring you the best of our traditional, heritage reenactors.
We hope you will mark July 31st on your calendar - the Saturday of the August Heritage Long Weekend - and prepare to visit online with performers representing 9th C Scandinavia, 11th Century England, 18th Century England, 19th Century Canada, and 20th Century Germany.
Be sure to FOLLOW OUR FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE to stay on top of everything "Days of Yore"!!
JOIN US ON JULY 31st AT 12 NOON! - All you have to do is click the image here on July 31st and follow the entire Days of Yore Fest on our YouTube Channel. (Until then, you can follow older videos from events hosted by the Mountain View Arts Society.)
WATCH THE PRODUCTION
- Everything begins at 12 pm, Saturday July 31st
- O' Canada by the Didsbury High School Band
- Treaty 7 Land Acknowledgement
- Greetings from Days of Yore Chair, Kathleen Windsor
- Welcome to Didsbury from Mayor Rhonda Hunter
- Best wishes from Olds/Didsbury/Three Hills MLA, Nathan Cooper
- National greetings from Red Deer/Mountain View MP, Earl Dreeshen
- Bard, minstrel, and oral historian, our Master of Ceremonies, the great Gorvin Tallwood
- Visits with all the reenactment groups
- Commercial spots from Artisan Alley
- Photo Costume Parade from you!
- Do you have a picture wearing Viking garb, Knight's armour, Wild West wear, Victorian vestments, fur trade togs, war wardrobe, or other attire, apparel, dress, duds or clobber?
SEND US YOUR FAVS!!
- Ask questions during the production
- Calum Lykan, Scottish Storyteller, with The Battle of Bannockburn, when Robert the Bruce beat King Edward II's army in 1314.
- A video stroll through the Military Room of the Didsbury Museum
- Special contest draws from the Sons of Fenrir Vikings, Dragons Own Medieval Combat Group, and the Days of Yore 2022!
- And more!
In lieu of being able to provide this festival in person, and thereby charge admission, the Days of Yore organization is hoping you can help with the costs associated with providing this production. Please make a donation.
If you prefer, send an e-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use Password: daysofyore
Click here to check out the LOCAL ARTISANS who will be a big part of our video production. You'll even be able to shop online as you support Alberta artists while having a good time!